Tuesday, April 18, 2017

I'm expecting!



Every morning I pass by this little nest tuck away in a wild shrub in the middle of a field I walk through. A month ago that shrub looked dead and barren. However, in just this short time it's budding and about to hold mama birds bounty! I love to see the miracle of life even in the smallest creatures. So each day I check it expecting to see life come forth. 

God has been talking to me about living my whole life with that same expectation I have checking that nest for eggs everyday. He wants us to live with such a heart of expectation and to believe that even in the most dead and barren places of our life, He's about to bring forth something alive and beautiful! 

“Thine expectation shall not be cut off.”

And therefore the Lord [earnestly] waits [expecting, looking, and longing] to be gracious to you; and therefore He lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed (happy, fortunate, to be envied) are all those who [earnestly] wait for Him, who expect and look and long for Him [for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship]!
Isaiah 30:18  

No comments:

Post a Comment