Monday, March 27, 2017

Birds of a feather flock together


Did you ever hear that expression? I had it go through my head yesterday.  It means people who are like minded, same morals, same likes, similar interest, similar character. But it got me thinking... what does my flock look like?  I think a person's flock says a lot about them. I think it's a good way to take a self-assessment to look at the peeps in your life. I'm not saying in a judgmental way. I'm saying what are their qualities....what do they have that you want to be flock together with? To often we can dwell on that one person in our life that don't have the qualities that make life enriching because of their own hangups, hurts or bondage. So I did this little mental assessment, even the bible says "be sure to know the condition of your flocks"...ok so it's talking about cows there. But it made me start to realize I have amazing people in my life! Generous, kind, loving, self sacrificing, lovers of God more than themselves. I started to well up with such hope as I dwelled on the amazing qualities of the people in my life. So if you don't have these kind of peeps in your flock it's time to pluck some feathers... Most importantly is Jesus a part of your flock?  Actually is He's in the center of it?  
If so you'll find yourself in some pretty awesome company. 


All the believers were one in heart and mind. No one claimed that any of their possessions was their own, but they shared everything they had.  Act 4:32

Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character." 
1 Corinthians 15:33 


Little note: I was given that statue a few years ago. But just realized it has bluebirds on it. And of course it's named happiness!

2 comments: