Saturday, March 25, 2017

Happiness always comes back around

So let me tell you the bluebird story.  
In a very difficult time in my life God started saying the word "happiness" to me. Which was the complete opposite of my situation.  Also simultaneously he started inundating me with bluebirds, to the point I had to pay attention.  I was seeing them on everything from cups to cards to signs, they were even given to me as gifts when no one knew this beautiful intimate wooing God was doing to my soul.  One day it just drove me to go research what a bluebird symbolized . And to my sheer delight I discovered it was happiness!  Again at a time in my life when that would have been the last word to describe my circumstance, it was a breath of fresh air. A promise I clung onto till happiness came back around, because it always does. 
In fact one of my favorite bluebird experiences I want to share with you today is this. It happened one night after tossing and turning unable to sleep I finally deciding to just get up and go pray.  I have this designated place that I like to sit and talk to Jesus at. I guess you could call it my prayer closet, although it's not a closet. But I just feel like when I go there He's already sitting waiting for me. It was a bit chilly so I wrap myself in the cozy blanket that was laying beside me and cried my heart out.  You know that kind of messy cry you only do alone before the Lord. This was around the time He first started speaking to me about bluebirds and His plan for me was happiness. He was encouraging my heart to trust Him with all that was so heavy on it. I basked in His comfort for quite awhile and when I was finished I stood up, dropped the blanket behind me were I was sitting, and as I turned to switch the light off I realized it was covered in bluebirds. I literally felt like God said "Anna I have wrapped you in happiness don't fret about these things any longer". 
I want back to my bed and slept that sweet sleep that only comes from knowing Jesus. 

Jesus is such an intimate God and so personal.  He loves to delight and woo us. Especially when life breaks us. That's when He is lovingly gathering all the pieces.... not one will be missed.  and He's about to make a masterpiece out of them. So don't quit! Happiness always comes back around. 


At that time I will bring you in; yes, at that time I will gather you, for I will make you a name and a praise among all the nations of the earth when I reverse your captivity before your eyes, says the Lord. Zephaniah 3:20


No comments:

Post a Comment